Looking at the fundamentals and develping an in-depth look at protection & control systems.
Upon completion participants will be familiar with:
- System Faults
- Switchyard Configuration & Elements
- The DESN Station (Duel Element Spot Network)
- HV Bus Differential Protection
- CT Saturation & Mal-operation of Bus Protection
- CT Saturation & Restraint Differential Protection
- Westinghouse KD - 4 Relay
- Surge Protective Devices
- DC Protection Logic
- Differential Protection
- The Modern IED Relays (Intelligent Electronic Device) Overview
- HV Circuit Breaker Types (Oil, Vacuum, Air Blast, SF6)
- HV Circuit Breaker Controls (Closing & Tripping)
- HV Circuit Breakers - Reclose (Syncrocheck CUH 90 – VG Relay)
- Dynamic Monitoring Equipment (DME)
- Impedance Relaying (POTT)
Here we deal with the protection & control principles of high voltage stations. HV Bus Differential Protection is studied along with restrictions due to CT saturation & mis-match and its solution, “Restraint Differential Protection”.
Starting with System Faults and how they affect Switchyard Configuration & Elements simple “Differential Protection” is examined along with the mal-operation due to CT saturation and mis-match.
High Voltage Circuit Breakers are examined as to the various Types (Oil, Vacuum, Air Blast, SF6), their Controls (Closing/Tripping/anti-pumping) Reclosure Syncrocheck relay CUH 90 – VG as well as Breakers Failure Protection is part of this module along with a quick look at Dynamic Monitoring Equipment. Transfer & remote tripping along with the need to provide immunity from ground rise potential and open circuit situations.
This course can be delivered in two ways:
1) In-person with live instructor. This would take one day along with working examples.
2) On-line video training which is available now.