Binary logic concepts essential to understanding modern digital systems
Upon completion participants will be familiar with:
- Binary Arithmetic
- Logic Gates & Switches
- Electromechanical Relays
- Boolean Algebra & Karnaugh Mapping
- Combinational Logic Functions
- Sequential Circuits, Shift Registers
- Digital-Analog Conversion
- Digital Communication
- Digital Storage (Memory)
- Principles of Digital Computing
There are lots of reasons to learn digital logic which is the foundation for digital computers and IED’s (Intelligent Electrical Devices). Various numbering systems will be looked at along with binary numbers as they lead into Binary Arithmetic.
From there Logic Gates & Switches will form the basis of further study using Boolean Algebra & Karnaugh Mapping along with Combinational Logic Functions.
Electromechanical Relays are first used to demonstrate logical functions as they will then lead to more complex circuitry of Sequential Circuits, Shift Registers and solid state components.
Analog-Digital Conversion (ADC) will be looked at along with Digital Storage (Memory) as they lead into the final chapter to this module, Digital Communication and the basic Principles of Digital Computing.
This course can be delivered in two ways:
1) In-person with live instructor. This would take one day along with working examples.
2) On-line video training which is available now.